Sessions and Formats
- Scientific lectures & discussions
- Case reports & discussions
- Participants' talks
- Poster sessions
- Meet-the-Professor activities
- Walk and talk at the beach over lunch
- An optional half-day workshop from 2.00-6.30pm on Project Management and Career Development will be offered on Sunday, October 6th. If you are interested in joining this workshop, please sign up during the application process.
- Hallmarks of Cancer
- Cancer Metabolism
- Personalized Cancer Medicine
- Drug Development
- Immunooncology and Immunotherapy
- Cancer Prevention
- Science Policy, Patient and Public Involvement
Education with a focus on translational cancer research is still an unmet need. To cover that need, the Summer School in Translational Cancer Research was initiated in 2011 by the EurocanPlatform, specially for PhD students, postdocs, and researching clinicians (residents). Since 2016, the course has been offered annually under the umbrella of Cancer Core Europe (CCE), organized in cooperation with the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) Heidelberg, as well as the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK) and supported by the European Association for Cancer Research (EACR).
The Summer School in Translational Cancer Research will bring together scientists and clinicians from the entire research continuum. It will give examples of research areas covering this continuum from basic through clinical research, to what is needed for an adoption into the health care system and outcomes research. Well-esteemed lecturers will give overview presentations and be available for discussions. An important goal of the Summer School is the interaction between participants coming from both preclinical laboratories and clinical centers. We aim at stimulating interactions for multidisciplinary collaborations at an international level. Participants will be given the opportunity to present their research projects and data by oral or poster presentations.
See more: CCE Summer School 2019