Dear fellow PostDocs,
we haven't seen each other for a very long time - some of you only joined DKFZ during the past year and we didn’t get the chance to get to know you at all. We would like to change that! We are very happy to invite you to our first virtual DKFZ PostDoc Retreat.
We have put together a great program and also left room for your own contribution, so that you get the chance to discuss your work with your peers and get feedback from outside your own department. Moreover, you will also get the opportunity to share your favorite scientific lifehack with your peers in the Sharing is Caring session.
There will be interesting keynotes, you can choose from 2 amazing workshops and attend one of the 6 round tables. Moreover we will have a networking session that you have never experienced like this before.
In addition to the PostDocs from DKFZ & the many DKFZ partner sites, for the first time we will also have PostDoc friends joining from the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (HITS) and from the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) in Lyon.
We are looking forward to seeing you all,
Your DKFZ PostDoc Network Committee
- Scientific Session DKFZ PostDoc Talks
- Two invited keynote lectures
- Two amazing workshops you can choose from
- "Sharing is Caring" Session to share a useful tool or lab-lifehack with your peers
- Networking Session
- Six round table discussions
- Prof. Dr. Maria Colomé-Tatché on Single Cell Omics; Institute of Computational Biology, Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany; TUM School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan, Technical University of Munich, Freising, Germany
- Prof. Serge Hercberg, MD, PhD on "Nutri-Score: a summary, graded, colours-coded Front-of-Pack nutrition label, simple, consumers-friendly and understandable by all, and supported by a strong scientific background"; Nutritional Epidemiology Research Team (EREN); National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Université Sorbonne Paris-Nord/Hôpital Avicenne; Centre of Research in Epidemiology and Statistics Sorbonne Paris Cité (CRESS), Paris, France.
- "Scientific Storytelling" with Jonathan Talbott, TIP (Talbott International Presentations)
- "Close and Far Future. Do You Know Where You Want To Go?" with PD Dr. Daniel Mertens, Schiller & Mertens, Scientists need More!; Department of Internal Medicine III, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany; Cooperation Unit "Mechanisms of Leukemogenesis", German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany.
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS
- Sustainability in Research
- Nutrition & Cancer prevention
- Mental health and stress management
- The Importance of Networking
- [Gender] equality in science
- Skills to develop to pursue an academic career